|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$21,895 PER SEM.*|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||N/A|
|Yearly Room and Board||$7,001+|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||N/A|
|% of African American Students||7|
|% of Asian American Students||9|
|% of Hispanic Students||16|
|% of International Students||4.5|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||1,023|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||41/59|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||99|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||60|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||74|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||89|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||17|
Address:One Bear Place #97056, Waco, TX 76798-7056
UNDERGRADUATE ENROLLMENT: 14,316
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- Baylor consistently ranks in the top 100 national doctoral-granting universities in “America’s Best Colleges” by U.S. News & World Report.
- Offers affiliated graduate degree programs with the U.S. Army Academy of Health Sciences in San Antonio and West Point.
- Graduate programs in law, business, the sciences, education, social sciences, nursing, and health disciplines are nationally ranked in “America’s Best Graduate Schools” by U.S. News & World Report.
- One of the select 10 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with a Phi Beta Kappa chapter.
- One of 25 higher education institutions to receive an “A” from the American Council of Trustees and Alumni for its high quality core curriculum.
- Named by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance as one of the “Best Values in Private Colleges.”
- Student-faculty ratio is 15:1; average undergraduate class size is 27.
BAYLOR UNIVERSITY is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, characterized as having high research activity by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The university provides a vibrant campus community for almost 17,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship.
Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continually operating university in Texas. Located in Waco, Baylor welcomes students from all 50 states and more than 85 countries to study among its 12 nationally recognized academic divisions. The University offers 142 baccalaureate, 74 master’s, 42 doctoral, and the juris doctor degree programs.
Students participate in more than 330 clubs and organizations, including the first collegiate chapter of Habitat for Humanity and 42 sororities and fraternities. Baylor sponsors 19 varsity athletic teams and is a founding member of the Big 12 Conference.
* tuition is a flat rate for 12 or more semester hours, includes fees