|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$15,865 PER SEM.*|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$15,865 PER SEM.*|
|Yearly Room and Board||$7,000+|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||94|
|% of African American Students||18.48|
|% of Asian American Students||8.77|
|% of Hispanic Students||34.89|
|% of International Students||3.37|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||136|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||36/64|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||46.43|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||29|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||49|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||71.6|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||2.02|
Houston Baptist University
Address:7502 Fondren Rd., Houston, TX 77074
UNDERGRADUATE ENROLLMENT: 2,332
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- About 95 percent of students receive financial aid.
- All classes are taught by faculty members rather than teaching assistants, with a student-to-faculty ratio of about 16:1.
- Students take at least six credit hours of Christianity courses, and can attend a weekly chapel meeting.
- The school is a member institution of the Texas Medical Center, the world’s largest healthcare hub.
- Houston, home to the most Fortune 500 companies outside of New York City, and a diverse cultural scene, is an ideal setting for internships and opportunities.
HOUSTON BAPTIST UNIVERSITY’S mission of providing “A Higher Education” is realized through incorporating Christian faith with advanced academics. A small environment encourages collegiality with faculty and peers, as well as student involvement in many organizations and clubs. The university’s scholastic offerings are broad, including 67 undergraduate and 38 graduate programs. In athletics, student athletes compete in 17 NCAA Division I sports, including the most recent addition, women’s beach volleyball.
The Pinky Pampell Online Division is leading the way in providing accessible, superior online education. There are eight undergraduate programs offered online and 11 online graduate programs. Well-known online degrees include the RN to BSN and the master of arts in apologetics programs.
Notably, in 2017, HBU became a national, comprehensive university with the addition of the EdD in the Executive Educational Leadership program. The same year, HBU marked its 50th graduating class and the 20,000th graduating student. Also, HBU’s respected MBA program reached its 40th year. The valuable traditions of the past and the promise of the future constitute HBU’s unique point of view. The school’s legacy of providing a world-class education in an international city has only begun.
* Tuition based on 12- to 18-hour semester