|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$7,173 PER SEM.*|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$7,173 PER SEM.*|
|Yearly Room and Board||$7,001+|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||90|
|Median SAT/ACT||870/18 (75th percentile)|
|% of African American Students||67.5|
|% of Asian American Students||0.2|
|% of Hispanic Students||22.5|
|% of International Students||3.5|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||50|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||44/56|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||72.3|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||10|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||27|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||53.9|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||3.2|
*Tuition based on 12- to 17-hour semseter
Address:900 Chicon, Austin, TX 78702
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- HT is recognized by the National Wildlife Federation and Second Nature for its sustainability efforts and commitment to the environment. The student organization Green is the New Black™ has won numerous awards for its environmental awareness initiatives.
- Proximity to Austin’s thriving downtown provides numerous recreational and professional learning opportunities.
- The Anthony and Louise Viaer-Alumni Hall and Evans Industrial Hall are listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
- HT is home to Austin’s annual Earth Day.
- HT has the distinguished designation of an All-Steinway School.
- HT holds the nation’s only Diversity Hackathon that is 100 percent run by students of color.
- HT opened an expanded Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation in 2018 in East Austin.
ESTABLISHED IN 1875 to educate recently emancipated slaves, making it the oldest institution of higher learning in Austin, Huston-Tillotson University (HT) nurtures a legacy of leadership and excellence in education by connecting knowledge, power, passion, and values as part of its mission. The university is affiliated with both United Methodist Church and United Church of Christ.
HT students represent the U.S. and more than 18 countries from around the globe, from China to Nigeria. The W.E.B. DuBois Honors Program, named for the African-American intellectual and activist, provides students with a challenging curriculum above and beyond HT’s 19 areas of study.
The HT legacy extends beyond the classroom. Major League Baseball great Jackie Robinson coached the men’s basketball team before he joined the Brooklyn Dodgers, and he served as a trustee of the college following his stint in the majors. Today HT’s athletic teams compete in the NAIA as part of the Red River Athletic Conference.
Historical areas and an ever-growing number of venues surround the 23-acre East Austin campus, which is within walking distance of downtown.