|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$1,867|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$1,867|
|Yearly Room and Board||$7,001+|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||73|
|% of African American Students||4.9|
|% of Asian American Students||6.5|
|% of Hispanic Students||11|
|% of International Students||8.2|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||740|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||50/50|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||98|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||68.3|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||78.8|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||90.5|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||26|
Southern Methodist University
Address:6425 Boaz Ln., Dallas, TX 75205
UNDERGRADUATE ENROLLMENT: 6,521
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- Home of the George W. Bush Presidential Center and its presidential library, museum, and independent institute.
- Home to the world-renowned Meadows Museum, housing one of the most comprehensive collections of Spanish art outside of Spain.
- Regular host to distinguished speakers through the Willis M. Tate Distinguished Lecture Series, Hart Global Leaders Forum, and John Goodwin Tower Center for Political Studies.
- Home to the only Division I athletics program in Dallas.
- One of the few universities in the nation to have a voting student on its board of trustees.
Entering its second century of achievement, Southern Methodist University (SMU) is recognized for its increasing national prominence and impact. Located near the heart of Dallas, the university offers a strong foundation in the humanities and sciences, as well as undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs through seven schools.
The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching classifies SMU as a university with high research activity. Students benefit from small classes and opportunities for research, leadership development, and unique learning experiences on campus and around the world. SMU is dedicated to shaping world changers, preparing students to make an impact through their chosen professions and service to society.
SMU was founded by what is now The United Methodist Church in partnership with civic leaders. The university is nonsectarian in its teaching and committed to academic freedom and open inquiry.