test
All Next

By the numbers

Undergraduate Enrollment 789
In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted) $819
Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted) $819
Yearly Room and Board $7,000+
% of Students on Financial Aid 84
Median SAT/ACT 925/20.5 (MEAN)
% of African American Students 16
% of Asian American Students 4
% of Hispanic Students 45
% of International Students 7
Student/Teacher Ratio 11:1
Number of Full-time Faculty 49
% of Male/% of Female Students 42/58
Greek System? NO
% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus 67
% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years 22
% of Students Who Graduate Overall 50
% of Freshmen Who Return 72
% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School 31

Southwestern Adventist University

Team Name:

Knights

Address:

100 W. Hillcrest, Keene, TX 76059

Web:

swau.edu

Phone:

800-433-2240

Facebook:

southwestern.adventist.university

Twitter:

@SouthwesternAU

YouTube:

SouthwesternAU

UNDERGRADUATE ENROLLMENT: 789

POINTS OF DISTINCTION

  • The Dinosaur Science Museum and lab on campus with over 20,000 bones and yearly dinosaur research program at a Wyoming dig site.
  • Small class size with a student-faculty ratio of 12:1.
  • Radio station, ranked 20th out of 4,000 Christian stations nationwide, and television station (KGSW) for hands-on learning.
  • Construction to begin on a new state-of-the-art nursing building in 2017.

WIDE-OPEN SKIES. Independence. Freedom. The spirit of Texas inspired Southwestern Adventist University to open its doors in 1893 as a university campus modest in size but big in vision. With 58 majors and direct access to professors doing research, students receive hands-on training and real-world experience. In addition to baccalaureate degrees, Southwestern offers master's programs in education and psychology.

Southwestern has always had a reputation for being super friendly. You can't walk across campus without making a new friend. This atmosphere has attracted students from 43 other countries, as has the green, residential campus with state-of-the-art facilities that’s only 20 minutes from the DFW Metroplex yet rated among the safest colleges in Texas.

For 123 years, Southwestern Adventist has also emphasized spirituality. A Seventh-day Adventist Christian school, Southwestern promotes spiritual well-being through worship and assembly services, eternal values through academic mentorship, and healthy living. Community outreach, Christian music concerts, spring-break mission trips, and residence hall chapel services are just a few of university’s faith-based events. Students of all faiths are welcome.

With a ranking of no. 22 in US News’ “Best Colleges in the West,” Southwestern provides the right mix of academic excellence and affordability. The business department’s Enactus team has won 14 regional championships, the student team won first place in the world in the Business Strategy Game, the nursing department provides clinical opportunities at some of the top hospitals in the nation, and students participate in research. The fire science program is one of the only of its kind.

Picture of college