|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||N/A|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||N/A|
|Yearly Room and Board||N/A|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||N/A|
|% of African American Students||N/A|
|% of Asian American Students||N/A|
|% of Hispanic Students||N/A|
|% of International Students||N/A|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||N/A|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||N/A|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||N/A|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||N/A|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||N/A|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||N/A|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||N/A|
Texas Southern University
Address:3100 Cleburne, Houston, TX 77004
UNDERGRADUATE ENROLLMENT: N/A
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- Jesse H. Jones School of Business was ranked among the U.S. business schools by Princeton Review.
- Victory Media has designated TSU as a Military Friendly School for the fifth consecutive year.
- The Thurgood Marshall School of Law was rated by U.S. News & World Report as the most diverse law school in the U.S. for the fifth consecutive year.
- TSU has the only maritime transportation degree program in the Houston area and the first at an HBCU in the U.S.
- The flight-training program at TSU is approved by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
NESTLED UPON a sprawling 150-acre campus, Texas Southern University is one of the nation’s largest historically black universities (HBCU). TSU provides academic and research programs that address critical urban issues and prepares an ethnically diverse student population to become a force of positive change in a global society.
TSU offers more than 120 undergraduate and graduate programs and concentrations, and 80-plus student organizations. The university provides quality instruction in a culture of innovative teaching and learning that is responsive to community issues and opportunities for public service that benefit the community and the world. The university boasts seven degree programs plus two engineering degrees: sports management, maritime transportation, entertainment and music industry, aviation science, emergency management, urban planning and environmental policy, respiratory therapy, civil engineering, and electrical and computer engineering.
TSU’s enrollment has grown to more than 9,000 undergraduate and graduate students from around the world. Although initially established to educate African Americans, TSU is becoming one of the most diverse institutions in Texas.