|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$8,721 PER YR.*|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$21,381 PER YR.*|
|Yearly Room and Board||$7,001+|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||87.79|
|Median SAT/ACT||1060/21 (MEAN)|
|% of African American Students||5.23|
|% of Asian American Students||1.32|
|% of Hispanic Students||42.57|
|% of International Students||2.49|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||297|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||41/59|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||90|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||31|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||40|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||69|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||2.21|
* Tuition for 15 semester hours
Angelo State University
Team Name:Rams and Rambelles
Address:2601 W. Avenue N., San Angelo, TX 76904
Points of Distinction
- Recognized by The Princeton Review on its annual “Best Colleges” list every year since 2010.
- Known for the Carr Academic Scholarship Program that provides annual awards of $1,000 to $18,000 to nearly forty percent of ASU students.
- Designated a Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs magazine every year since 2010.
- New bachelor’s degree programs in mechanical engineering and economics were added in 2019. A complete renovation of the student cafeteria was completed in 2019.
- Designated a 2019-20 College of Distinction by Colleges of Distinction college guidebook.
ANGELO STATE UNIVERSITY (ASU) prepares students for careers and educational aspirations by balancing academic study with hands-on experience through learning labs, internship programs, and study abroad opportunities. With more than one hundred majors and concentrations to choose from, students find areas of study that fit their interests.
ASU encourages undergraduates to participate in faculty-mentored research projects that enhance student resumes and improve student credentials for graduate school. The 6,000-acre ASU Ranch, as well as state-of-the-art labs for meat and food science, nursing, computer game design, educator preparation, psychology, engineering, and other disciplines, are just a few of the facilities available for student research.
ASU cultivates a friendly and diverse campus community with students from 225 Texas counties, 45 states, and 35 countries. The Multicultural Center, Freshman College, and VETS Center support first-generation, first-year, and military/veteran students as they transition to college life. On-campus students live in award-winning modern residence halls, and all ASU students enjoy a nationally recognized university center, student fitness center, intramurals complex, Lake House, and state-of-the-art athletic facilities.
ASU students stay busy in a nationally recognized intramurals program and more than 100 student-run clubs and organizations. Off-campus entertainment options include a thriving arts community, live music, and activities in San Angelo.