|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$28,620 PER YR.*|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||N/A|
|Yearly Room and Board||$7,001+|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||91.5|
|% of African American Students||15.7|
|% of Asian American Students||0.5|
|% of Hispanic Students||29.5|
|% of International Students||1.6|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||84|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||50/50|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||88|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||26|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||36|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||65|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||8.2|
* Tuition for 12 or more semester hours, fees included
Team Name:War Hawks
Address:1400 Sayles Blvd., Abilene, TX 79605
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- Ranked seventh among “Best Regional Colleges—West” by College Consensus.
- Honored among the 2020-2021 Colleges of Distinction.
- Ranked sixteenth among small colleges for its science, technology, engineering, and math-related (STEM) program by BestDegreePrograms.org.
- In U.S. News & World Report rankings for the West region, McMurry is ranked thirteenth overall, fifth in best value, sixth in best colleges for veterans, and ninth in social mobility.
MCMURRY UNIVERSITY, founded nearly a century ago in 1923 as a United Methodist institution, is a vibrant and comprehensive center of higher education. With individualized liberal arts and professional degrees, students chart their own paths to accomplishment, service, and success.
The university provides opportunities for every student to realize possibilities and experience new ways of thinking. McMurry boasts a national reputation for excellence and value through the achievements of its faculty, students, and graduates.
McMurry’s beautiful 52-acre campus is home to more than 1,000 students. The average class size is sixteen, no graduate assistants teach courses, and eighty percent of professors have achieved the highest degree in their academic fields. A diverse curriculum allows students to choose from 55 majors in the arts, business, education, and sciences, as well as pre-professional programs in medicine, dentistry, engineering, law, pharmacy, physical therapy, and others.
McMurry has more than thirty clubs and organizations and 21 intercollegiate athletic programs. Students are engaged with the community and contribute more than 24,000 hours of annual service.