|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$27,244 PER YR.*|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$27,244 PER YR.*|
|Yearly Room and Board||$7,001+|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||86|
|% of African American Students||13|
|% of Asian American Students||1|
|% of Hispanic Students||27|
|% of International Students||5|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||78|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||50.3/49.7|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||88|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||27|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||38|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||62|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||33|
*Tuition for 12 or more semester hours
Team Name:War Hawks
Address:1400 Sayles Blvd., Abilene, TX 79605
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- No. 1 in Texas for highest percentage of graduates with jobs 10 years after graduation, according to Zippia.
- Ranked second best among all public and private universities in Texas by College Consensus.
- Ranked no. 19 nationally, joining universities such as Texas A&M, Purdue, University of Southern California and The Ohio State University in the Top 20 by the College Consensus survey, “Best Colleges for Veterans for 2018.”
- Ranked no. 8 in small colleges for science, technology, engineering and math-related (STEM) program by the College Best Degree Programs website.
- In U.S. News and World Report rankings for the West Region, McMurry is ranked no. 12 overall, no. 6 in ethnic diversity, no. 7 in “Great Schools, Great Prices,” and no. 9 in “Best Colleges for Veterans.”
McMurry University, founded in 1923 as a United Methodist institution, is a vibrant and comprehensive center of higher education. McMurry has a national reputation for excellence and value through the achievements of its faculty, students and graduates.
The beautiful campus is located on 52 acres and the university enrolls more than 1,000 students. With an average class size of 16, no graduate assistants teach courses and 77 percent of professors have achieved the highest degree in their academic field. A diverse academic curriculum allows students to choose from 45 majors in the arts, business, education, and sciences as well as pre-professional programs in medicine, dentistry, engineering, law, pharmacy, physical therapy, and others.
McMurry has 40 clubs and organizations and 20 intercollegiate athletic programs. Students are engaged with the community and give on average over 24,000 hours of annual service.