|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$349*|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$771*|
|Yearly Room and Board||$7,001+|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||63|
|% of African American Students||17|
|% of Asian American Students||2|
|% of Hispanic Students||24|
|% of International Students||1|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||620|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||37/63|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||87|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||30|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||53|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||76|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||6.2|
* Fees not included
Sam Houston State University
Address:1806 Avenue J, Huntsville, TX 77341
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- Classified as a doctoral research university by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education.
- 55 percent of students are first generation.
- Student Money Management Center ranked sixth in the nation for financial literacy programs by LendEDU.
- Named by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For.”
- One of the top fifteen public universities nationwide for helping students stay on track and graduate, according to the Southern Regional Education Board.
- Named on Money.com’s 2019 best colleges list.