|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$2,020|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$2,020|
|Yearly Room and Board||$7,001+|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||71.6|
|% of African American Students||4.6|
|% of Asian American Students||6.9|
|% of Hispanic Students||11.6|
|% of International Students||8|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||758|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||51/49|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||97|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||68|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||78|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||91|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||21|
Southern Methodist University
Address:6425 Boaz Ln., Dallas, TX 75205
LinkedIn:Southern Methodist University
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- Partners with the George W. Bush Presidential Center on campus, through fellowships, public lectures, and additional collaborations that bring together students, faculty, and global experts to tackle pressing challenges.
- Houses the Meadows Museum at SMU, which has one of the largest and most comprehensive collections of Spanish art outside Spain. The museum presents a continuous slate of outstanding special exhibitions and educational programming.
- Hosts distinguished speakers through the Willis M. Tate Distinguished Lecture Series, Hart Global Leaders Forum, and John Goodwin Tower Center or Political Studies.
- Competes in 17 Division I sports in the American Athletic Conference. Major facilities include Ford Stadium, Moody Coliseum, Robson & Lindley Aquatics Center, Westcott Field, and the SMU Tennis Complex.
- The Engaged Learning Program provides opportunities for undergraduate scholarly research, civic engagement, professional internships, and creative activities related to education goals.
For more than 100 years, Southern Methodist University (SMU) has shaped minds, explored the frontiers of knowledge and fostered an entrepreneurial spirit in its seven degree-granting schools. Taking advantage of unbridled experiences on the university’s beautiful campuses and SMU’s relationship with Dallas—the dynamic center of one of the nation’s fastest-growing regions—alumni, faculty and nearly 12,000 graduate and undergraduate students become ethical leaders who change the world in their professions and communities.
SMU has a strong foundation in the humanities and sciences. Students benefit from small classes and opportunities for research, leadership development, and learning experiences on campus and around the world. SMU was founded by what is now The United Methodist Church, in partnership with civic leaders. It’s nonsectarian in its teaching and committed to academic freedom and open inquiry.