|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$2,098|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$2,098|
|Yearly Room and Board||$7,001+|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||74.1|
|% of African American Students||4.4|
|% of Asian American Students||7|
|% of Hispanic Students||12.1|
|% of International Students||7.3|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||763|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||51/49|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||98|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||71.7|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||81.2|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||91.5|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||15|
Southern Methodist University
Address:6425 Boaz Ln., Dallas, TX 75205
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- The Cube idea incubator is a dedicated space on campus where enterprising students from any discipline and faculty can work on projects.
- Students and faculty tinker with tools to take on real-world challenges at the Deason Innovation Gym.
- Home to one of the largest and most comprehensive collections of Spanish art outside Spain, the Meadows Museum at SMU is part of the creative capital on campus that prepares visionary artists and scholars.
- SMU competes in seventeen Division I sports in the American Athletic Conference.
- Students benefit from access to the world’s movers and shakers in different fields via the Tate Lecture Series.
THE OPTIMISTIC OUTLOOK of Dallas is at the heart of Southern Methodist University (SMU). For more than a century, SMU’s enterprising spirit has been instrumental in shaping Dallas into a global gateway for people of all backgrounds who want to change the world. The combined might of this comprehensive research university and an energetic city creates powerful opportunities for nearly 12,000 undergraduate and graduate students to forge their success in a rigorous academic environment and own their future.
Students pair up with faculty mentors to change Dallas and the world through research, civic engagement, creative work, internships, and more. The Big iDeas contest launches world-changing ideas into sustainable businesses.
SMU is the only private university with a presidential library on its main campus, the George W. Bush Presidential Center. Students benefit from this partnership through fellowships, lectures, and access to global experts, all of which shape world changers.
SMU has broken ground on the Gerald J. Ford Hall for Research and Innovation, a new home for digital explorers. Undergraduate and graduate students will work alongside faculty and industry professionals in this new data-driven nerve center, designed to ignite and inspire interdisciplinary inquiry, world-changing discoveries, and solutions to 21st century problems.