|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$560.37*|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$1,024.10*|
|Yearly Room and Board||$3,000-$5,000|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||87|
|% of African American Students||<1|
|% of Asian American Students||<1|
|% of Hispanic Students||93.08|
|% of International Students||1.87|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||231|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||39/61|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||15.36|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||26|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||48|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||79|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||4|
* Tuition based on 15-hour semester
Texas A&M International University
Address:5201 University Boulevard, Laredo, Texas 78041-1900
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- Aggressive financial aid, honors, internship, leadership programs, and scholarships available.
- Study abroad opportunities to more than fifty countries, and dedicated service-learning programs conducted in the U.S. and abroad.
- Pre-med, dental, engineering, law, and nursing programs.
- Academic Innovation Center, with 120,000 square feet, opened in 2019.
- NCAA Division II, Lone Star Conference athletics with eleven sports.
- Robust systems engineering program.
- The campus features Art Walk, a planetarium, and public green spaces.
TEXAS A&M INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY (TAMIU), a member of The Texas A&M University System, is a four-year, comprehensive, state-assisted institution that’s home to over 8,000 students from Laredo and around the world. Its 300-acre campus in north Laredo is the higher education center of a vibrant, multilingual, and multicultural community.
TAMIU celebrated its fiftieth anniversary in 2019-20 under the theme “A World of Difference,” with year-round activities to commemorate the university’s lasting and measurable impact on its community, region, state, and world.
A military-friendly campus, TAMIU provides excellent, low-cost onsite and online programs in the arts and sciences, business, nursing, and education. Offering nearly one hundred programs, TAMIU is focused on delivering undergraduate and graduate programs with a progressive agenda for global study, leadership training, and comprehension across all disciplines.
TAMIU was ranked among “Top Public Schools, Regional Universities West,” in the 2019 U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges rankings. At no. sixteen, TAMIU is the highest ranked regional Texas institution in the fifteen-state ranking’s Top 20 and the only A&M campus on the list.
The American Council on Education’s report, “Minority Serving Institutions as Engines of Upward Mobility,” placed TAMIU among the nation’s top universities generating especially high extended-income mobility rates for students.