|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$9,179 PER YR.|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$21,443 PER YR.|
|Yearly Room and Board||$7,001+|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||96|
|% of African American Students||83|
|% of Asian American Students||2|
|% of Hispanic Students||8|
|% of International Students||3|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||391|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||36/64|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||63.5|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||11|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||18.8|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||50.7|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||9|
Texas Southern University
Address:3100 Cleburne, Houston, TX 77004
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- TSU is the only historically Black college and university with an on-campus flight simulator to train career-ready pilots.
- TSU has the only maritime transportation degree program in the Houston area and the first at a historically Black college and university.
- Started in 1949 by legendary debate coach emeritus, the late Thomas F. Freeman, PhD, TSU’s world-renowned TSU Debate Team has won an abundance of national and international contests.
- The Jesse H. Jones School of Business is ranked among the top U.S. business schools by The Princeton Review.
- The Thurgood Marshall School of Law has been rated as one of the most diverse law schools in the U.S. by U.S. News & World Report.
NESTLED ON A BEAUTIFUL 150-acre campus close to the heart of downtown Houston in the city’s historic Third Ward, Texas Southern University (TSU) is one of the nation’s largest historically Black colleges and universities.
TSU is a comprehensive, special-purpose, urban-programming research institution, providing academic and research programs that address critical urban issues and prepare students to become a force of positive change in a global society.
TSU offers more than 120 undergraduate and graduate programs and concentrations, partnered with eighty-plus student organizations. Its innovative teaching and learning is responsive to opportunities for public service that benefit the community and the world.
Degree programs include aviation science, business, communication, law, pharmacy, health administration and health information management, transportation studies, maritime transportation, emergency management, urban planning and environmental policy, and civil, electrical, and computer engineering. The university ranks first in Texas for degrees awarded to African Americans, according to DiverseEducation.com. .
TSU boasts a high enrollment of undergraduate and graduate students from around the world. The student population makes TSU one of the most diverse higher education institutions in Texas, according to DiverseEducation.com.