|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||N/A|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||N/A|
|Yearly Room and Board||N/A|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||N/A|
|% of African American Students||N/A|
|% of Asian American Students||N/A|
|% of Hispanic Students||N/A|
|% of International Students||N/A|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||N/A|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||N/A|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||N/A|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||N/A|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||N/A|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||N/A|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||N/A|
Texas Southern University
Address:3100 Cleburne, Houston, TX 77004
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- TSU is the only HBCU that has a full, on-campus flight simulator to train career-ready pilots. The flight-training program is approved by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- TSU has the only maritime transportation degree program in the Houston area and the first at an HBCU in the U.S.
- Texas Southern’s legendary debate team has won national and international contests since 1949. Thomas F. Freeman, Ph.D., 99, still guides and trains the team.
- The Jesse H. Jones School of Business is ranked among the top U.S. business schools by The Princeton Review.
- The Thurgood Marshall School of Law was rated by U.S. News & World Report as the most diverse law school in the U.S. for the fifth consecutive year.
NESTLED ON a beautiful 150-acre campus close to the heart of downtown Houston in the city’s historic Third Ward, Texas Southern University (TSU) is one of the nation’s largest historically black universities (HBCUs).
TSU is a comprehensive, special-purpose, urban-programming research institution. The university provides academic and research programs that address critical urban issues and prepares an ethnically diverse student population to become a force of positive change in a global society.
TSU offers more than 120 undergraduate and graduate programs and concentrations, partnered with 80-plus student organizations. Its quality instruction in a culture of innovative teaching and learning is responsive to opportunities for public service that benefit the community and the world.
The university offers a range of degree programs including aviation, business, communication, law, pharmacy, health administration and health information management, maritime transportation, emergency management, urban planning and environmental policy, and civil, electrical, and computer engineering. The university is ranked number one in Texas in degrees awarded to African Americans.
Texas Southern’s enrollment boasts 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students from around the world and is one of the most diverse institutions in Texas.