|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$10,583 PER SEM.*|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$10,583 PER SEM.*|
|Yearly Room and Board||$3,000-$5,000|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||92|
|% of African American Students||5|
|% of Asian American Students||1|
|% of Hispanic Students||22|
|% of International Students||2|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||106|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||36/64|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||75|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||31|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||42|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||73|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||5|
* tuition based on 12- to 18-hour semester
Lubbock Christian University
Address:5601 19th St., Lubbock, TX 79407
UNDERGRADUATE ENROLLMENT: 1,471
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
- LCU students are accepted to medical, dental, and law schools at rates far above the national average, and graduates in the fields of education and accounting are sought after by school systems and firms in the region.
- The “An Evening With . . .” benefit series has brought in nationally known speakers such as General Colin Powell, former President George W. Bush, and former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
- Financial aid is awarded to approximately 90 percent of students.
- A partnership with Covenant Health System School of Nursing provides a plan for students to complete their RN license work and a BSN degree program.
AT LUBBOCK CHRISTIAN University (LCU), students are welcomed like family in a distinctly Christian community where professors know students’ names. While LCU offers more than 60 undergraduate and 19 master’s degree programs, it’s more than a place to earn a degree; it’s also committed to growing excellence, integrity, and character.
LCU prepares its students for success in all aspects of their lives through a transformative educational experience, where wisdom is pursued, vocation is discerned, and service is fostered. Small classes allow LCU to offer a wide range of enriching and personal experiences such as undergraduate research projects alongside professor mentors. Honors College offers small seminars, research assistantships, cultural enrichment opportunities, a study-abroad program, and internship opportunities in Washington, D.C. in partnership with The Washington Center.
Students participate in a variety of organizations and social clubs that provide fellowship and a heightened sense of community. There are many options for domestic and international travel, musical ensembles, theatrical productions, and intramural sports.
LCU’s nationally ranked athletic teams are members of Division II of the NCAA, and the Lady Chaps basketball team are the undefeated 2016 national champions.