test
All Next

By the numbers

Undergraduate Enrollment 1,471
In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted) $10,583 PER SEM.*
Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted) $10,583 PER SEM.*
Yearly Room and Board $3,000-$5,000
% of Students on Financial Aid 92
Median SAT/ACT 995/22
% of African American Students 5
% of Asian American Students 1
% of Hispanic Students 22
% of International Students 2
Student/Teacher Ratio 13:1
Number of Full-time Faculty 106
% of Male/% of Female Students 36/64
Greek System? NO
% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus 75
% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years 31
% of Students Who Graduate Overall 42
% of Freshmen Who Return 73
% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School 5

* tuition based on 12- to 18-hour semester

Lubbock Christian University

Team Name:

Chaparrals

Address:

5601 19th St., Lubbock, TX 79407

Web:

LCU.edu

Phone:

806-720-7151

Facebook:

LCUedu

Twitter:

@LCUedu

Instagram:

@lcuedu

UNDERGRADUATE ENROLLMENT: 1,471

POINTS OF DISTINCTION

  • LCU students are accepted to medical, dental, and law schools at rates far above the national average, and graduates in the fields of education and accounting are sought after by school systems and firms in the region.
  • The “An Evening With . . .” benefit series has brought in nationally known speakers such as General Colin Powell, former President George W. Bush, and former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
  • Financial aid is awarded to approximately 90 percent of students.
  • A partnership with Covenant Health System School of Nursing provides a plan for students to complete their RN license work and a BSN degree program.

AT LUBBOCK CHRISTIAN University (LCU), students are welcomed like family in a distinctly Christian community where professors know students’ names. While LCU offers more than 60 undergraduate and 19 master’s degree programs, it’s more than a place to earn a degree; it’s also committed to growing excellence, integrity, and character.

LCU prepares its students for success in all aspects of their lives through a transformative educational experience, where wisdom is pursued, vocation is discerned, and service is fostered. Small classes allow LCU to offer a wide range of enriching and personal experiences such as undergraduate research projects alongside professor mentors. Honors College offers small seminars, research assistantships, cultural enrichment opportunities, a study-abroad program, and internship opportunities in Washington, D.C. in partnership with The Washington Center.

Students participate in a variety of organizations and social clubs that provide fellowship and a heightened sense of community. There are many options for domestic and international travel, musical ensembles, theatrical productions, and intramural sports.

LCU’s nationally ranked athletic teams are members of Division II of the NCAA, and the Lady Chaps basketball team are the undefeated 2016 national champions.

Picture of college