|In-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$5,259 PER SEM.*|
|Out-of-state Tuition (per semester hour, unless noted)||$11,379 PER SEM.*|
|Yearly Room and Board||$7,001+|
|% of Students on Financial Aid||75|
|Median SAT/ACT||1095/24 (MEAN)|
|% of African American Students||15|
|% of Asian American Students||7|
|% of Hispanic Students||24|
|% of International Students||3|
|Number of Full-time Faculty||1,083|
|% of Male/% of Female Students||48/52|
|% of Freshmen Who Live on Campus||85|
|% of Students Who Graduate in Four Years||31|
|% of Students Who Graduate Overall||59|
|% of Freshmen Who Return||79|
|% Of Alumni Who Give $$$ to School||6.5|
*Tuition based on 15-hour semester
University of North Texas
Team Name:Mean Green
Address:1155 Union Circle #311277, Denton, TX 76203-5017
Points of Distinction
- UNT has 72 academic programs ranked among the nation’s Top 100.
- UNT has been named one of America’s 100 Best College Buys® for 22 consecutive years.
- UNT has 400 student organizations, including 40 fraternities and sororities and 137 academic honor societies.
- Located in Denton—named “Best College Town in Texas” by Livability.com—UNT is home to world-class performance facilities, esteemed faculty artists, and internationally recognized guests.
- The UNT New College at Frisco offers students the chance to work on projects with real-world application alongside industry partners in the heart of one of the nation’s leading professional hubs.
SINCE ITS FOUNDING in 1890, the University of North Texas (UNT) has shaped today’s learners into tomorrow’s leaders. With 14 colleges and schools and 227 degree programs, UNT provides a creative environment and an outstanding faculty of distinguished scholars, researchers, and artists who challenge students while supporting their success.
UNT is ranked a Tier One research university and is continually recognized as a “Best in the West” university by The Princeton Review and among “America’s Top Colleges” by Forbes.
The university’s nationally ranked programs include public administration, logistics, library and information sciences, rehabilitation counseling, art, engineering, and education. Its music programs are internationally renowned, and the environmental philosophy program was the first in the world. Other pioneering programs include jazz studies and international sustainable tourism, the first of their kinds in the nation.
At UNT, science and art converge and ideas become action. At the 300-acre Discovery Park research facility, engineers, materials scientists, and designers use cutting-edge equipment and lab space to conceptualize and build tomorrow’s technological and sustainable solutions. UNT also is a leader for artistic and literary expression in the North Texas region and beyond.
Last year, 8,900 graduates joined a network of 420,000 alumni, driving progress and innovation with the knowledge to excel in work and in life and to change the world around them.